Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome to the North...

First of all, I suppose this should be a warning - the inspiration for this blog are as follows:
- the comedy stylings of Tommy Tiernan
- a very dear friend of mine
- the Decemberists
- Thrice
- me missing my Irish Lit class terribly


That being said, the word 'fuck' or some 'clean' variant will probably appear quite often depending on the mood of the rant, and it is also an ode to the Irish who feel that the English language just doesn't have enough friggin words in it to properly express the emotions and thoughts that there sometimes are in life, and the 'f word' happens to be the closest thing to fill that void. This is said up front to avoid complaints or presumptions that this is just some dirty college kid who isn't intelligent enough to use 'big words'. I will write this very simply, as I would talk in person. To my knowledge there are no 'language guidelines', so hopefully this won't anger anyone too much who accidentally stumbles here by mistake. Otherwise if you're reading this, you are fairly close to me and I might like you to know what's on my mind though I don't have time to go for a walk with you, go out to dinner, send a letter, write a telegram, send Morse code to, etc.

All of that being said, I hope you enjoy some random thoughts on the following. If you don't like it, well, eff off then.

No comments:

Post a Comment